Our shaft lines are manufactured in compliance with the rules of different Naval Registers and can be supplied, on demand, with the test certificate of the chosen Register.
MATERIALS LIST of the single components:
- Tail shaft in AISI 304; AISI 316; V174; Marinox 25.
- Steel stern tube with tube in Fe 55.1 – Fe510 – S355 – E355 steel and stuffing box head in C.30.
- Bronze stern tube with astern and forward head in Ot.Man alloy and tube in OT 63 orAISI 304 stainless steel.
- Hydrolubricated rubber bearings or Fibroid 922 bearings (by request in antifriction metal).
- Flange in C.45 forged, normalized steel.
- Stud bolts, screw nuts and dowels in AISI 304 stainless steel.
- Mechanical characteristics of Ot.Man alloy:
- Breaking load Rm 510 N/mm2
- Yielding Rp0.2 200 N/mm2
- Elongation A5d 22%
- Mechanical characteristics of Mibral alloy:
- Breaking load Rm 650 N/mm2
- Yielding Rp0.2 245 N/mm2
- Elongation A5d 16%
- The stern tube closing length (B) is on Customer demand.
- ‘G’ dimension must be indicated by the Customer when the shaft is directly coupledto the reverse/reduction gear.
- When an intermediate shaft is needed, the Customer must indicate the distance fromthe inside block to the reverse gear/reduction gear flange.
It is obtained by the natural (hydrostatic) circulation of water, that enters (through an indipendentsea water intake and a tubing as shortest and most linear as possible) into the water in-hole of the stern-tube.
The tubing section must be at least double than the inlet hole; any water stop gate must be avoided.